Thursday, May 21, 2009

Guess Who Got Out?

Well, I haven't posted since January, and I bet you thought I'd abandoned the blog now that I have an exciting life in the city. Not so, I was just waiting, building suspense. So this had better be a good one eh? Dog got out yesterday, for his first solo adventure in Seattle. He just wandered away, like he does. One minute there was a large white dog out in the yard, the next there was a black cat staring at me through the window. Not good. Cat presence means dog must be long gone. So the search began. Where would I go if I were a dog? No fresh steaming piles in sight (to roll in, not as evidence). Yes, that's would I would do if I were free for a day, go roll in pooh. At least if I were this dog, that is what I would do. I started meeting my neighbors. Have you seen my dog? Have you seen my dog? Have you seen my dog? I felt like I was living out a children's book instead of real life. The next big thing since, "Are you my Mother?"

Well, turns out about three different people had seen him and two others wanted to know if he was friendly if they found him. One woman wanted to know if he would come if she called him. I didn't really get into how it would depend on her tone of voice. But since she had two small dogs with her, I'm betting she wouldn't have too much trouble. Now, I am setting you up for a very complicated math problem, are you ready?

So, of all these people, how many of them were helpful? Figure it out yet? OK, two women tried to be helpful, and one guy actually ran into his house to ask his buddy which way they'd seen Sayers go. But all in all, nobody noticed which way he'd gone. He's sly.

I got a phone call. He had traveled down the street an entire block, and was at somebody's house. The man told me that my dog seemed very hungry. I pedaled on down to get dog, and when I got there his wife confirmed that he must be hungry. "He keeps looking for food." I didn't bother to ask how she knew what he was looking for, and just left it at, "he's always hungry." I don't know if that reassured them or not.

Anyway, this story isn't that amazing or exciting, it's just the only thing to write about at the moment. So there you have it, the furry beast is back from his jaunt around the neighborhood and he isn't even filthy.

3 comments:

running g said...

love ya sayers!! glad you found him!

VanillaRose said...

but he's shedding another dog.

writer said...

Hahahahaha. Guess what this reminds me of.

Hi, is smokey there?

Hahahahaha...